-->

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Meyer Lemon Cheesecake Tart



I discovered Meyer Lemons recently and I just cant get enough of it. I found a few at my neighbourhood Trader Joe's and at Costco (the very last box).

I made this fantastic whole lemon tart in January and I have to say what a brilliant idea to use the whole fruit!

I made a few different desserts with the lemons but I froze most of them so I could indulge any time I wanted.

There is nothing like a dessert with Meyer Lemons... Try this. The next time you take a bite of a Meyer Lemon tart or mousse, close your eyes, roll the bite around with your tongue and exhale- pushing the taste from your mouth through your nose and out... The elusive floral sweetness just makes you crave more.

Today I decided to treat myself with a Meyer Lemon Cheesecake Tart to share with friends tomorrow. It is my birthday after all :)


Meyer Lemon Cheesecake Tart

1 pack honey graham crackers, processed into crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tblsp Turbinado (raw) sugar
8 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temp.
scant 1 cup sugar
3 eggs
dash salt
1 whole Meyer Lemon cut into slices and seeds removed
1 Tbl. vanilla



Preheat oven to 325°

Pulse graham crackers in a food processor till it becomes crumbs.
Mix the crumbs and butter and pulse till it resembles coarse sand.

Press evenly into bottom and sides of a tart pan with removable bottom.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.

Wipe down the food processor and process the meyer lemon, salt, vanilla and eggs till smooth. Add the sugar and process till the meyer lemon is completely blended into the mixture. Now add the cream cheese and pulse to combine.

Pour into pan and bake on middle rack of oven for 40 minutes.

Cool completely, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Makes 10 pieces; 5 if you are me.

No comments: